The Strangest Things
I picked up the new Longwave album today, "The Strangest Things." I hadn't really intended to, but the price was right, and I was curious. The verdict is in: it's not bad. Certainly not the greatest thing I've ever heard. Kind of shoegaze-lite, or 80's post-punk for the modern set. As usual, Pitchfork posted a fairly well-written but completely unfair review. It certainly won't make me trade in my Slowdive or My Bloody Valentine records any time soon. After all, why have a hamburger when you can have ribs or even filet mignon?
I also picked up Yo La Tengo's "Fakebook" today, which is a very good album. It's mostly covers and such, but excellently chosen covers. I normally don't like covers albums, but this is one is nice because it kinda of gives props to all the bands that influenced one of the greatest bands of our day. Plus it gives me new music to look for, and since I am a music geek, this is a definite bonus.
Wow, kinda went a little link-happy on that one, didn't I?
More changes to come to the site soon, just as soon as I learn more about HTML.
Peace.
Today's Playlist:
Longwave- The Strangest Things (duh)
Yo La Tengo- Fakebook (duh)
The Flaming Lips- Transmissions From the Satellite Heart
Argentina- Diving Board
Broken Social Scene- Your Forgot It In People
Broken Social Scene- Feel Good Lost


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home