Saturday, June 28, 2003

Night of the Living Resident Evil Dead 28

I went and saw 28 Days Later tonight. Man, I love a good zombie flick. Even if it's not a good one, which this one was actually better than average. Read some reviews here and here, although I have to warn you: THESE CONTAIN SPOILERS. Overall, though, a pretty good flick that managed to be kind of thought-provoking (see especially the Popmatters review) and relentlessly creepy.

In celebration, I've decided to post a list of my own favorite creepy movies, and links to their reviews at the all-encompassing and wholly wonderful Allmovie.com. Try to remember that some of these aren't necessarily "good" films, so don't bother writing me an email telling me how much these films sucked or I'll have to laugh condescendingly and give you a noogie. Enjoy.

Creepy Movie Playlist:
The Ring
Session 9
The Devil's Backbone
Stir Of Echoes
Donnie Darko
Event Horizon
Resident Evil
Open Your Eyes (later crappily remade as Vanilla Sky)
The Others
Lost Highway
Mulholland Drive
The Sixth Sense
Signs

There's probably a zillion I'm forgetting, but these should be enough to tide you over for now.

Now I have to go figure out how I'm gonna sleep without being afraid of being eaten by a zombie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home