Sunday, July 20, 2003

And The Two Shall Become...

This weekend I was priveleged to be able to attend the wedding of two very close friends of mine, Sammy and Jennifer. It was, without a doubt, the most beautiful wedding I've ever been to. Sammy looked so handsome and Jennifer was such a beautiful bride it almost hurt to look at her. The happiness on both their faces is burned so brightly into my memory I don't think I will ever forget it. I always have trouble talking about weddings because there's such a depth of feeling there that words can't express, and I feel inadequate to try. I was bawling like a baby during the wedding, and am getting teary thinking about it right now. I guess I'm turning into a girl (no offense, ladies. I love every last one of you). So many warring emotions, from happiness to sadness. What is the end of a friendship as I've known it is the beginning of a relationship that will last forever, even beyond death. What an awesome responsibility. What an amazing gift.

It's times like this that make me wonder whether or not such a gift is in store for me. Sometimes I wonder if I missed out on the greatest thing that ever might have happened to me. Sometimes I worry that it's right in front of me, and that I'll somehow miss it. And sometimes (to paraphrase my cousin Carl, the repository of all knowledge) I just think that that girl is definitely out there, but that she just got hit by a bus or something. I want it more than anything at times, because I feel that when I finally find that person, I will be the closest to complete that I've ever been. There's a part of me that aches for that completeness. I hope I find it someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home