Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Oh Happy Day

Well, I'm back after taking a break for a couple days. Time for more wall-to-wall inanity (look it up, people. look. the. word. up.). Seriously, though, it's nice to have a place to get down random thoughts about life, love, art, God, religion, and music music music. It makes for a happier me, as I don't necessarily have to brood on these things during my day. I think on them, then get the all down on paper (well, screen), and then I can turn them every which way and angle and examine them in every light. The occasionally snarky email from a friend on these issues can also be invaluable. It's like your very own Dr. Phil.

Kind of an uneventful day today. I took my car into the shop for a checkup and fixing my brake lights (which had the cool feature of remaining on even when my car was off). Went out with my Mom for lunch at a new Chinese buffet in town. It was alright. Came home, played some Majora's Mask, took a nap, went to a voice lesson that I didn't actually have (slaps forehead), and then went to work. Work was cool. Again, my crazy co-workers made my night. Then I got a ride home and here I sit. Exciting, huh?

Been listening to a ton of Spiritualized lately. Somehow the religious ramblings of a drug-fried space rocker have been extremely comforting to me. If someone as messed up as J. Spaceman can find some sort of peace with a God he spent most of his life trying to find through the heavy use of mind altering chemical substances, there's hope for the rest of us. Seriously, though, there's just something magic that happens when he sings "The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin that I keep sliding off to the side" in a plaintive voice. You definitely get the sense that Spaceman's (otherwise known as Jason Pierce) screwed up, but maybe no more screwed up than the rest of us.

Anyway, there's some new links posted. Be sure to click on them and give them lots of big love (whatever that means).

See you space cowboy.

Inane Playlist:
Broken Social Scene- Feel Good Lost
Spiritualized- Lazer-Guided Melodies
Spiritualized- Royal Albert Hall, October 10 1997 (Live)
Spiritualized- Let It Come Down

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home